Admission Rules and Regulations
Admission is open for GNM, Basic B.Sc (N) and Post Basic B.Sc (N) as per BFUHS counselling of every year or till all the seats are filled, whichever is earlier. The classes start from 1st September of every year.
Courses and Eligibility
B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) - 4 years course
As per I.N.C.(Indian Nursing Council) and B.F.U.H.S.(Baba Farid University of Health Sciences) norms, 10+2 with Physics, Chem. Bio. (Biology must be studied in 10+1 also).
B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic) - 2 Years course
As per I.N.C.(Indian Nursing Council) and B.F.U.H.S. (Baba Farid University of Health Sciences) norms
GNM - 3 years course
Candidate should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent Examination from a recognized Board with minimum 45% marks in aggregate (Relaxable by 5% for SC candidate). Preference will be given to the Candidates with Science subject. Trained ANM candidates can also apply if they have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination.
Procedure of Accelerate Formal Request
A candidate seeking admission in GNM course shall apply on prescribed form appended at the end of this prospectus in their own hand writing and in case of B.Sc.Nursing Basic/ Post Basic Degree courses as specified by BFUHS, Faridkot.
Required documents with Application for GNM :
- Xerox of Birth Certificate/Matric duly attested for proof of age.
- Xerox of 10+2 Examination Certificate for GNM and DMC for ANM (Two copies dully attested).
- Xerox of Character Certificate dully attested by worthy Principal of the last School/College attended.
- Legal document in case of widow or divorcee and income certificate.
- Domicile Certificate (2 copies).
- Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe Certificate from Tehsildar or Sub-Divisional Magistrate if applicable (2copies).
- Twelve passport size photographs (One attested & eleven unattested).
- Medical Fitness Certificate (2 copies affixed on the Performa at the end).
- Declaration (Affixed on the Performa attached at the end).
- Visitor Card (Only three person including father are allowed and their group photo is required along with affidavit).
- Procedure for leave Applications ; the student will have to get the leave sanctioned first and then call her parents.